Thailand is located in South-East Asia and boarders the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Thailand has a well-developed infrastructure, a free-enterprise economy, generally pro-investment policies and strong export industries. Thai exports consist of mostly machinery and electronic components, agricultural commodities, and jewellery. Exports continue to drive the economy and account for more than half of GDP.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Thailand.
Setting up a company in Thailand – what are the main features?
- In Thailand, businesses can be incorporated as sole proprietorships, limited and unlimited partnerships, private limited companies, public limited companies, branch offices and representative and regional offices
- Private Limited Companies are the most appealing form of business organization among foreigners doing business in Thailand
- Foreigners may also set up a branch office, a representative office, a regional office or a joint venture
- At least 51% of a company’s shares must be held by Thai citizens
- The remaining shares may be held by anyone
- It is still possible for a foreigner to maintain controlling interest in a company by issuing two separate classes of shares: ordinary and preferred. Shareholders with ordinary shares have more voting rights in the company
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com’s experienced advisors can help with all aspects of registering a business in Thailand, ensuring an efficient company formation service.