Slovenia borders Italy to the west, Austria to the north, Croatia to the south and southeast, and Hungary to the northeast. It is a crossroad of Europe, located between three different worlds; Mediterranean, Alpine and Pannonian. This leaves Slovenia as a unique, diverse and beautiful country. Slovenia became the first 2004 European Union (EU) entrant to adopt the Euro (on 1st January 2007) and has experienced one of the most stable political and economic transitions in Central and South-eastern Europe. With the highest per capita GDP in Central Europe, Slovenia has excellent infrastructure and a well-educated work force. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a professional service in all your company formation needs for company registration in Slovenia.
Setting up a Limited Liability Company (DOO) in Slovenia – what are the main features/requirements?
- Maximum number of shareholders is 50
- Minimum number of shareholders is 1
- Minimum capital share of €7,500
- If there are several shareholders, each of them has to pay at least €50
- At least 25% of each contributor’s capital has to be paid up before the company is registered
- Approval is required from the Ministry of Economic Affairs if more than 50 partners are to form the company
- The company must have one or more managers, appointed for 2 years at least.
- At least one managing director who does not have to be a Slovenian citizen or resident in Slovenia
- All founders and / or directors from abroad must obtain a Slovenian tax number.
Setting up a Joint Stock Company (DD) in Slovenia – what are the main features?
- Public companies and companies having more than 500 employees must have a supervisory board
- With a Joint Stock Company, share capital is divided into shares, or stock
- The company is fully liable by guarantee of its assets, though the shareholders are not liable for the obligations of the company.
- A minimum of €25,000 is required as start-up capital
- At least one-third of this amount must be in cash and 25% of the nominal value of the shares payable in cash must be paid up prior to registration
- The minimum share value is €1, or multiples thereof
Setting up a Branch in Slovenia – what are the main features?
- Branches of foreign companies can operate in Slovenia on behalf the parent company
- When the parent foreign company is not in the EU, the company must operate abroad for at least 2 years before opening a branch in Slovenia
Banking in Slovenia:
Banking in Slovenia is relatively easy and straightforward.
In order to open a corporate bank account for your Slovenian company, a face to face meeting with the bank is not required. Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Multi currency accounts
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
Speak with us today to see how we can open a Slovenian bank account for your Slovenian company.
Accounting in Slovenia:
Accounting and bookkeeping are an essential part of any new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a tailor made accountancy/bookkeeping package to keep your Slovenian company compliant and in good standing with the authorities. We will be happy to work out the best solution for your Slovenian company. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Slovenia, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Slovenia
- bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Slovenia
- Licencing requirements in Slovenia
- Warehouse/premises identification in Slovenia
Contact CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com for more information on setting up a company in Slovenia.Contact Us