Romania shares a border with Hungary and Serbia to the west, Ukraine and Moldova to the northeast and east, and Bulgaria to the south. Romania is an upper middle-income country and is a member of the European Union. Both foreign individuals and legal entities can establish corporate presence in Romania. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide an efficient and professional company formation service for incorporating a company in Romania.
Setting up a Romanian Limited Liability Company (S.R.L.) – what are the main features and requirements?
- You will need to sign a declaration in front of a Notary public in your place of residence.
- No visit required for bank (Power of Attorney is sufficient)
- The company registration number is the same as the tax and VAT number.
- Minimum registered capital: currently 200.00 lei (about EUR 60);
- Maximum number of shareholders, natural or legal persons is 50 or more directors which may have full/limited power and may be Romanian or foreign citizens
- Nominal value of a share cannot be less than 10 lei RON.
- To obtain a VAT number in Romania, you will need to have the following:
a) the company should have its own main or secondary headquarters;
b) none of the directors and/or shareholders of the Romanian company can have criminal records;
c) successful result of a physical verification of the company’s main or secondary headquarters on whether the company’s activity can take place at those premises;
d) special evaluation based on the information provided by the Romanian company
- Accountant must be appointed to handle monthly accounting and compliance
Setting up a Romanian Joint-stock Company (S.A.) – what are the main features?
- Minimum registered capital: currently 25,000 EUR
- At least 30% of the subscribed share capital, or 100% in respect of contributions in kind must be immediately contributed upon formation of the company and all subscribed share capital must be fully paid within 12 months of formation
- Minimum of 5 shareholders
- Minimum nominal value of one share is 1000 lei
There are a number of other ways of making a corporate presence in Romania, including:
- General partnership – SNC
- Limited partnership – SCS
- Partnership limited by shares – SCA
Banking in Romania:
Banking in Romania is relatively easy and straightforward.
In order to open a corporate bank account for your Romanian company, a face to face meeting with the bank is not required. Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Multi currency accounts
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
Speak with us today to see how we can open a Romanian bank account for your Romanian company.
Accounting in Romania:
Accounting and bookkeeping are an essential part of any new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a tailor made accountancy/bookkeeping package to keep your Romanian company compliant and in good standing with the authorities. We will be happy to work out the best solution for your Romanian company. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Romania, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Romania
- bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Romania
- Licencing requirements in Romania
- Warehouse/premises identification in Romania
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in all aspects of setting up a company in Romania. Contact us for more information.