Nigeria is located in Western Africa, bordering the Gulf of Guinea, between Benin and Cameroon. This oil-rich country is Africa’s most populous, with over 170 million people. Nigeria is a member of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), presenting opportunities to foreign investors involved in the oil industry. The government however is working toward developing stronger public-private partnerships for roads, agriculture, and power, in order to move away from its dependence on oil. The country’s GDP rose strongly in 2007-11 because of growth in non-oil sectors and robust global crude oil prices. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in incorporating a company in Nigeria, allowing you to access this exciting market.
Forming a company in Nigeria – what are the main features?
- A range of incentives are available in special economic zones, including exemption from all federal, state and local government taxes for up to three years, duty-free import of raw materials for finished goods destined for re-export
- Nigerian companies accesses double taxation treaties with a number of countries including France, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK, to support Nigeria company formation
- 100% foreign ownership is permitted with Nigeria company formation
- Nigeria has a low minimum capital requirement of 100,000 naira
- The company must have a registered business address within Nigeria
- The minimum number of directors is two and maximum number 50 for private companies
- There is no maximum number of directors for public companies
Contact CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com to find out more information on setting up a company in Nigeria.