New Zealand is a safe, stable and secure country with a GDP of $27,900 (2011 estimate). Over the past 20 years New Zealand has transformed to a free market economy that can compete globally. One of the major advantages of setting up a company in New Zealand is that it is a full member of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and is considered a superior offshore jurisdiction. New Zealand can provide significant cost savings and this is one of the main reasons why an increasing number of individuals are choosing offshore businesses here. It is not blacklisted as an offshore by any authority in the world, nor is it associated as a tax haven. New Zealand is not a member of the European Union (EU) and therefore it is not influenced by the EU Tax Savings Directive. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in New Zealand, taking advantage of this secure, low tax jurisdiction.
Setting up a company in New Zealand – what are the main features?
- The offshore company do not have to pay any forms of taxes as long as the company is not making any profit in the country of New Zealand
- It is possible to register an unlimited liability company, however companies are usually either Limited Liability Companies or Companies Limited by Guarantee
- If well structured, a New Zealand resident company can operate as a tax free offshore company
- There are no capital requirements
- A company must have a registered office in New Zealand
- Minimum number of shareholders is one and corporate shareholders are allowed
- Minimum number of Directors is one and corporate directors are not allowed
- If a company has only one director, this director cannot also be the secretary
- Both directors and shareholder may be of any nationality
- If more than 25% of the shares, or a majority of Directors reside outside New Zealand the company has to file annual financial accounts
- Every company should hold an annual meeting of shareholders once every calendar year. Annual meetings may be held anywhere
- New Zealand is a white-listed jurisdiction by the OECD
- New Zealand has extensive tax treaties with 37 countries worldwide
- Trusts commonly used. New Zealand has a long tradition of trusts.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a professional, efficient service in all aspects of registering a company in New Zealand. Our experts in company formation can assist you in every aspect of company formation in New Zealand.Contact Us