Mauritius is an island situated in the Indian Ocean approximately 800 km off the East Coast of Madagascar. Mauritius has developed from a low-income, agriculturally based economy to a middle-income diversified economy with a growing industrial, financial, and tourist sectors. Mauritius is one of the most popular offshore jurisdictions in the world, particularly popular with businesses involved in IT consulting and Financial Services. So far, Mauritius has attracted more than 32,000 offshore entities. Mauritius is a low cost, legally tax-efficient jurisdiction to conduct business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a business in Mauritius. Contact us today.
There are two main types of company available in Mauritius:
- GBC1 Company
- GBC2 Company
Setting up a Mauritius GBC1 Company – what are the main features?
- Certificate issued by the Mauritius Revenue Authority
- GBC1 Companies have access to over 30 tax treaties
- Mauritius GBC I Companies are resident in Mauritius and are therefore subject to tax, but benefit from both tax credits and a longstop tax rate of 3%
Setting up a Mauritius GBC2 Company – what are the main features?
- A category 2 Global Business Licence.
- Designed for business outside of Mauritius so may not carry on business in Mauritius (subject to a number of statutory exceptions).
- Commonly used for the holding / ownership of investments and assets (real estate or shares or other property) commercial transactions and international trading operations, asset protection, non-financial consultancy services
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com provides an efficient, professional company formation service to assist you in incorporating a company in Mauritius.Contact Us