Indonesia is an archipelago of islands between the Indian Ocean and the Pacific Ocean, located in South-East Asia. During the global financial crisis, Indonesia outperformed its regional neighbours and joined China and India as the only G20 members posting growth in 2009. Indonesia also grew an estimated 6.1% and 6.4% in 2010 and 2011, respectively. In fact Fitch and Moody’s upgraded Indonesia’s credit rating to investment grade in December 2011. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Indonesia.
Setting up a company in Indonesia – what are the main features?
- A foreign direct investment company in Indonesia (known locally as “Penanaman Modal Asing” or PMA) and can take the form of a 100% foreign owned limited liability company.
- It can also be established as a limited liability company through a joint venture with Indonesian partners
- The Corporate Law requires that there are at least two shareholders in a PMA company, or any limited liability company
- The shareholders can be two individuals, two companies, or a mixture of both
- An Indonesia Representative Office can also be 100% foreign-owned and controlled, but is not permitted to make direct sales in Indonesia
- Indonesia company formation allows access to a network of double taxation treaties with countries including Australia, France, Germany, Singapore, South Africa, the US and the UK
- The Indonesian economy is ranked as the 46th-most competitive economy in the world, according to the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report 2011-2012
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com offers an efficient and professional service in all aspect of company formation in Indonesia. Contact us for more information.Contact Us