Denmark is located in Northern Europe and borders the Baltic Sea and the North Sea. It also includes a number of major islands (Sjaelland, Fyn, and Bornholm). Denmark has a modern market economy which features a high-tech agricultural sector, state-of-the-art industry with world-leading firms in pharmaceuticals, maritime shipping and renewable energy, and a high dependence on foreign trade. Denmark is a member of the European Union (EU) and Danes enjoy among the highest standards of living in the world. Denmark is a net exporter of food and energy and enjoys a comfortable balance of payments surplus. However the country depends on imports of raw materials for the manufacturing sector. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with an efficient and professional service, assisting you in setting up a company in Denmark.
The most common types of companies in Denmark are:
- Private Limited Company (Anpartsselskab – ApS)
- Public Limited Company or stock corporation (Aktieselskab – A/S)
Setting up a Private Limited Company (Anpartsselskab – ApS) – what are the main features/requirements?
- Can be established by one or more shareholders
- Minimum share capital of 125,000 DKK or €17,000
- Capital is divided into shares with nominal value, which are not freely transferrable
- Neither directors nor managers need be domiciled in Denmark
Setting up a Public Limited Company or stock corporation (Aktieselskab – A/S) – what are the main features?
- Three directors required, must be citizens in the EU
- Minimum share capital of 500,000 DKK or €67,000
- Shares can be offered to the public
Danish Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office:
- A foreign business can also choose to open a separate entity or an extension of the parent company in Denmark
Can I get a Danish VAT number?
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you with getting your new Danish company VAT registered. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com work with fiscal advisers based in Denmark. In order to obtain a Danish VAT number, you may have to have trading activity in Denmark or have human and technical resources in Denmark. A nominee director can help with this. We can act as secretary and supply a nominee director if needed.
- If the VAT authorities in Denmark ask more detailed questions after the submission of the initial registration then fees will be charged on a time basis. Please note that this will be agreed in advance.
Contact us today to see how we can help.
Is it possible to purchase a ready-made company in Denmark?
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com has a number of Danish ready-made companies available. Ready-made companies in Denmark allow for a speedy company set up without cutting corners. All transfers can be completed in a 2-3 working days. Contact us today for a quote.
Banking in Denmark:
Banking in Denmark is relatively easy and straightforward.
In order to open a corporate bank account for your Danish company, a face to face meeting with the bank may be required. We work with major Danish and International banks including Danske bank. Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
- Multi-currency accounts
Speak with us today to see how we can open a Danish bank account for your Danish company.
Accounting in Denmark:
Accounting and bookkeeping are an essential part of any new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a tailor made accountancy/bookkeeping package to keep your Danish company compliant and in good standing with the authorities. We will be happy to meet with you face to face and work out the best solution for your Danish company. Contact us today to arrange a meeting.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Denmark, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Denmark
- Danish bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Denmark
- Licencing requirements in Denmark
- Warehouse/premises identification in Denmark
Contact CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com for more information on setting up a company in Denmark.