Chile is located in Southern South America, and borders the South Pacific Ocean, between Argentina and Peru. It has increasingly assumed regional and international leadership roles in keeping with its status as a stable, democratic nation. Chile has a market-oriented economy characterised by a high level of foreign trade. It has a reputation for strong financial institutions and thorough policy that have given it the strongest sovereign bond rating in South America. Exports account for more than one-third of the country’s GDP. Copper alone in fact provides one-third of government revenue. Having high economic inequality the financial sector of Chile has recently grown rapidly due to its close trade relation to many major countries. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in all aspects of the company formation process, providing you with an efficient and professional service.
There are three types of companies available in Chile:
- Private Limited Liability Company (Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada)
- Company by Shares (Sociedad por Acciones)
- Corporation (Sociedad Anónima).
Setting up a Private Limited Company in Chile – what are the main features?
- Shareholders are not personally liable for the debts of the company
- Formed by at least two shareholders and have one or more managers
- Changes in the articles of incorporation and bylaws can only be reached by unanimously agreement of the shareholders
- Responsibility is limited to the total value of shares of a particular shareholder
Setting up a Corporation in Chile – what are the main features?
- Capital is divided by shares and there has to be at least 2 shareholders
- It has a Board Director, a General Manager and the General Meetings of the Shareholders
Setting up a Company by Shares in Chile – what are the main features?
- Capital is divided by shares
- Only one shareholder is needed
- Resolutions are passed by majorities and there is no need to have a Board of Directors
Contact CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com for more information on setting up a company in Chile.