Belgium is located at the centre of Europe, with most Western European capitals within 1,000 kilometres of its capital, Brussels. It is a modern, technologically advanced European state and EU member, and has a GDP per capita of $37,600 (2011 estimate). Belgium has simplified start-up procedures so much that it is now a leader in terms of how long it takes to set up a new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide an efficient and professional service to assist you in the process of registering a company in Belgium.
There are three types of company in Belgium:
- Private Limited Company (BeslotenVennootschap met BeperkteAansprakelijkheid/ SociétéPrivée à ResponsabilitéLimitée, BVBA/SPRL)
- Public Limited Company (NaamlozeVennootschap/SociétéAnonyme, NV/SA
- Belgian Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office
Setting up a Private Limited Company in Belgium – what are the main features and requirements?
- Designated for small businesses and requires at least two shareholders
- The minimum share capital required is €18,550 , out of which €6,500 must be paid up
- Shareholders have limited liability to the extent of their contribution
- Can also be set up by a single shareholder
The authorities impose relatively few restrictions on foreign companies setting up a Belgian company in the country.
- The company has to have at least one shareholder.
- A minimum of one director is required.
- The minimum share capital for S.P.R.L./B.V.B.A. is €18,600. The minimum share capital paid up changes with the amount of shareholders. One shareholder €12,400, two shareholders €6,200 must be paid up. In the case of only one shareholder the personal liability is not limited; in the case of two shareholders the liability is restricted to the share capital.
- A Financial plan must be submitted and a degree or high school diploma must be presented for one of the Directors of the new Belgium Company.
*The authorities in Belgium are extremely strict in regard to the qualifications required in order to become a director of a Belgian company. Contact us today for a free consultation and review of documentation in relation to setting up your Belgium company.
Setting up a Public Limited Company – what are the main features?
- At least two members must join in order to set up this company structure
- The shareholders must provide a minimum capital of 61,500 EUR
- They contribute to the capital of the company in exchange for shares and they have to provide at least 20% prior to company registration
Setting up a Belgian Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office – what are the main features?
- It can be either a separate entity from the parent company or an extension of the parent company in Belgium, depending on the structure chosen by the foreign company
Can I get a Belgian VAT number?
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you with getting your new Belgian company VAT registered. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com work with fiscal advisers based throughout Belgium . Obtaining a VAT number is an essential part of Belgian company formations.Contact us today to see how we can help.
Banking in Belgium:
Opening a Belgian bank account for your Belgian company is a relatively straightforward process which CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you with.
In order to open a corporate bank account for your Begian company, a face to face meeting with the bank may be required. We work with major Belgian and International banks . Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Multi currency accounts
- Unlimited transfers
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
Speak with us today to see how we can open a Belgian bank account for your Belgian company.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you with a whole range of additional professional services in relation to your Belgian company formation such as:
- Registered and virtual office services in Belgium
- Accounting and payroll services in Belgium
- Licencing requirements in Belgium
- Premises/Warehouse requirements in Belgium.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide a professional company formation service, for incorporating your company in Belgium, allowing you to access this well-connected heart of Europe.