Australia represents the land of opportunity in 2013 and 2014 for overseas investors and entrepreneurs. A robust economy with only 5% unemployment and a GDP per capita of $40,800, Australia is tipped to outperform the rest of the developed world for most of this decade. Australia’s rich and varied natural resources attract high levels of foreign investment and include extensive reserves of coal, iron ore, copper, gold, natural gas, uranium, and renewable energy sources. Australia currently ranks as the world’s 9th-easiest place to do business. New business policies and continued demand for commodities, especially from China, helped the Australian economy rebound after just one quarter of negative growth. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in the process of setting up an Australian company. Contact us for more details.
Setting up an Australian Private Limited Company (Pty) – what are the main advantages?
- Australia company registration is easy and cost effective. Only one Director is required and foreign ownership is allowed.
- No minimum capital requirements.
- Easy place to do business and is also ranked as the 8th least corrupt country in the world by the 2009 Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency Int.
- Main international banks are located in Australia and easy to open international corporate bank accounts.
- Wide range of incentives available for entrepreneurs who register a company in Australia, including tax benefits and excellent network of tax treaties
- An extensive tax treaty network, a tax exemption on dividends received by the Australian holding company, a tax exemption on a gain on sale of foreign shares, no withholding tax on dividends paid to a foreign parent. These features make Australia a competitive holding company jurisdiction. (The tax exemptions are of course subject to conditions)
It is a requirement for an Australian company to have a Director appointed who resides in Australia, as well as having a Registered Office Address located in Australia.
Australia now has a so-called Migrant Investor visa, the 888 Visa. It is available to all nationalities and, briefly stated, allows permanent residency if AUD 5,000,000 is invested in ‘complying investments’. AUD 5 m is approximately equal to USD 5m. There are no conditions as to upper age or English language ability.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you with these requirements, as well as help you with tax registration, virtual office (if required), provision of bank accounts, visas, and legal and accounting services. Please contact us today for further details and a free information pack.Contact Us