Switzerland is a mountainous state located in the centre of Europe. Famous for its watches and chocolate, Switzerland has also become a hub for banking and insurance, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, electronics, manufacturing and IT, as well as tourism. Switzerland is a stable, peaceful country with a modern market economy and boasts one of the highest GDP per capita in the world of $43,400 (2011 estimate). With a skilled labour force and low corporate tax rate, Switzerland is an exciting country to incorporate a company. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in the company formation process, providing you with an efficient, professional service.
There are three main types of companies in Switzerland, including:
- GesellschaftmitbeschränkterHaftung (Limited Liability Company)
- Aktiengesellschaft (Stock Corporation in Switzerland)
- Swiss Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office
Setting up a Swiss GesellschaftmitbeschränkterHaftung (GmbH) – what are the main features?
- Popular among the Swiss companies.
- At least two shareholders can participate for company formation in Switzerland
- They must provide at least 20,000 CHF or 16,000 EUR
- The managing director of the company must be a resident of Switzerland
Setting up an Aktiengesellschaft – what are the main features?
- Foreign investors usually choose this type of business for both small and large businesses in Switzerland
- At least three founders must invest a minimum share capital of 100,000 CHF or 80,000 EUR
- Half of this amount must be paid prior to company registration in Switzerland
- The liability of the shareholders is limited to the extent of their assets
Setting up a Swiss Branch, Subsidiary or Representative Office – what is involved?
- These represent either separate entities or extensions of the parent company in Switzerland
- Branches are usually considered permanent establishments and therefore act as resident corporations in terms of taxes
Banking in Switzerland:
Banking in Switzerland is relatively easy and straightforward.
In order to open a corporate bank account for your Swiss company, a face to face meeting with the bank may be required. We work with major Swiss banks including Credit – Suisse. Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Multiple Currency accounts
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
Speak with us today to see how we can open a Swiss bank account for your Swiss company.
Accounting in Switzerland:
Accounting and bookkeeping are an essential part of any new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a tailor made accountancy/bookkeeping package to keep your Swiss company compliant and in good standing with the authorities. We will be happy to work out the best solution for your Swiss company. Contact us today to arrange a free consultation.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Switzerland, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Switzerland
- Swiss bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Switzerland
- Licencing requirements in Switzerland
- Warehouse/premises identification in Switzerland
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide support in all aspects of setting up a company in Switzerland. Contact us for more information.Contact Us