Jersey is located just off the coast of Normandy, France. It is the largest of the Channel islands. Jersey is not part of the United Kingdom, and has an international identity separate from that of the UK. Jersey has a population of approximately 100,000. Jersey is not a part of the European Union but has a special relationship with it, being treated as part of the European Community for the purposes of free trade in goods.
What are the requirements and features involved with setting up a company in Jersey?
- Authorised Share Capital is the number of shares to be issued. However, under normal circumstances only, ten shares are « issued » and therefore only ten shares need to be paid for. If the company does not have a bank account, these shares are paid for by the shareholder, i,e. the owner of the company and the ten pounds is treated as a shareholders loan.
- Timescale – up to 2 weeks from receipt of correct completed documentation. The documentation can be the most time consuming aspect of company formation in Jersey.
Bank accounts in Jersey:
- Bank accounts can be in sterling or Euros and no minimum deposit
- No need for the client to visit Jersey to set up the account
- The bank account will be in the name of the company and since our Jersey associates will be the directors it is usually fairly quick. Some banks take longer than others .
- Barclays, RBSI, Lloyds are the main Banks used by companyregistrationsworldwide.com
Accounting for your Jersey company:
- If accounts are required by the company, the client will be charged on a time spent basis. (No audit required in Jersey)
- Administration/accountancy is charged on a time spent basis for any work under taken by our associates on behalf of the client
- Depending on the activity of the Jersey company, the amount of time involved will vary.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Jersey, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Jersey
- bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Jersey
- Licencing requirements in Jersey
- Warehouse/premises identification in Jersey
Register a Jersey company today with CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com. Let us provide you with an efficient and professional service in all aspects of setting up a company in Jersey.