Gibraltar has long been a favourite for companies wishing to benefit from the low-tax regime and excellent telecommunications facilities. The financial services and technology sectors are growing rapidly. In conclusion the economy is looking very stable with strong growth for the future. Gibraltar is a very favourable offshore jurisdiction but with all the benefits of being based in Europe. Compliance procedures are strict in Gibraltar but this adds to the growing stature that Gibraltar is developing as a safe and secure offshore jurisdiction.
Why Gibraltar ? – A jurisdiction of internationally noted quality:
- Conduct your business in a quality low-tax jurisdiction which incorporates low levels of corporate tax. A stable currency with few restrictions in moving capital or repatriating dividends.
- A legal system modelled on the English structure contributes to making Gibraltar the duly regulated, globally acclaimed jurisdiction it is today.
- Start-up incentives, including a start-up rate of 10% applicable to any new businesses established in Gibraltar after 1 July 2009.
- Benefits from EU membership.
- A multi-skilled, suitably qualified workforce with training assistance to update skills as and when needed.
- Legislation is in place to encourage High Net Worth Individuals (HNWIs) and High Executives Possessing Specialist Skills (HEPSS) to establish tax residency in Gibraltar, affording them the opportunity to have the tax payable on their income restricted to a capped amount.
- Gibraltar relishes from warm summers and mild winters – around 300 days of sunshine – and a high quality of life, with a wide variety of sporting, cultural and entertainment facilities, both in and around Gibraltar (an enviable lifestyle with the professionalism and vibrancy of a modern yet mature location).
Forming a Gibraltar company:
- The company has to have a registered office.
- The company has to have a resident secretary to file official documents to the government.
- Need to have information on the company activities. Certain information needs to be provided to the secretary (registered agent) copies of bank statements in the name of the company, agreement entered into etc.
- Minimum Share capital of £100.
EU Anti-money laundering due diligence requirements for a Gibraltar company formation.
- A certified copy of passports of all directors, bank signatories and ultimate beneficial owners (Certified by a lawyer, accountant, bank official or other person who is officially registered)
- Confirmation of current address by means of an original or certified copy of a utility bill less than 3 months old (Certified as above)
- An original letter of reference from a registered professional (eg; Lawyer, Accountant or Bank)
- CV (if available)
Banking in Gibraltar:
Companyregistrationsworldwide.com has an associate office based in Gibraltar. We work with many of the top banks including JYSKE BANK and STANDARD BANK. Please note that in order to open and Account in Jyske Bank, the bank will require a deposit of £25,000 where £10,000 of this amount must remain in the account at all times. They also have an annual fee of £500 plus a one off fee of £500. Bank accounts in Gibraltar
Standard Bank do not have a fee in order to open an account and there is no requirement for a deposit or fixed amount to remain in the account at all times.
Please note that the documentation required from both banks may vary depending on the activity of your Gibraltar company. We will inform you of any further documentation as required by the bank.
Some of the corporate account features include:
- Internet banking/remote access
- Multi currency accounts
- Debit/credit cards
- Low transaction fees
Speak with us today to see how we can open a bank account for your Gibraltar company.
Accounting in Gibraltar:
Accounting and bookkeeping are an essential part of any new business. CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can provide you with a tailor made accountancy/bookkeeping package to keep your Gibraltar company compliant and in good standing with the authorities. We will be happy to work out the best solution for your Gibraltar company. Contact us today to arrange a consultation.
CompanyRegistrationsWorldwide.com can assist you in setting up a company in Gibraltar, as well as a whole range of professional services which include:
- Registered/virtual office services in Gibraltar
- bank account introduction
- Accounting/payroll services in Gibraltar
- Licencing requirements in Gibraltar
- Warehouse/premises identification in Gibraltar
For more information on Gibraltar company formation, setting up a bank account, nominee services, accounting or our registered office service, contact us, or speak to us live now.